Food waste collections are back and you can win £250 to spend on the high street if you’ve put your outdoor food waste bin out for collection and used the #IStickeredMyBin sticker which is being delivered to all properties in west Norfolk.
From 13 September, for four weeks, we will pick a street to visit in west Norfolk at random, and one property will be selected.
If your grey outdoor food waste bin is out for collection and your #IStickeredMyBin sticker is proudly stuck on your black waste bin, then you could win £250 to spend on the high street.
Misplaced either your outdoor food waste bin or kitchen caddy? Get a free replacement: https://www.west-norfolk.gov.uk/foodwaste You can also request an #IStickeredMyBin sticker through this webpage.
Competition open to residents living in the Borough of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk who leave their outdoor food waste bin for collection on collection day and have stickered their waste bin with the #IStickeredMyBin sticker.
If a resident lives in a bagged waste collection area they can participate in the promotion by putting their #IStickeredMyBin sticker on their outdoor food waste bin and leaving it out for collection on collection day.
4x £250 high street vouchers to be won. One voucher will be awarded each week for four weeks from 13 September 2021.
Winning postcode will be picked at random. The first house that we visit in that postcode that has their outdoor food waste bin out for collection on collection day and has stickered their bin will win the prize.
The Judge’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered in to.
The competition will run from 13 September 2021 until 8 October 2021.
Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk is compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent
When entering the prize draw, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The promoter of this promotion is the Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk. Registered address: King’s Court, Chapel Street, King’s Lynn, PE30 1EX (the “promoter”).
- This promotion commences on 13 September 2021 and all entries must be placed on bins by the closing date of 8 October 2021. The promoter reserves the right to exclude late, misdirected, incomplete, corrupted, lost, illegible or invalid entries from this promotion.
- In order to be eligible to enter the competition draw, the entrant must meet the following conditions:
The entrant must be over the age of 18.
The entrant must be a resident of the Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk.
The entrant must have placed their outdoor food caddy out for collection and placed the #IStickeredMyBin sticker on their black waste bin. Bagged waste collection areas can place the sticker on their outdoor food caddy and need to leave the outdoor food waste caddy out for collection.
Winners can only win one prize per household in this promotion.
- Staff from the Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk, Serco and elected Members are ineligible to participate in the competition.
- The Promoter assumes (and you warrant that) that by entering the draw you have legal capacity to agree to terms and conditions (i.e. that you are of sufficient age and mental capacity and are entitled to be legally bound in contract).
- The prizes are:
4x £250 high street shopping vouchers. One voucher to be won each week.
- The Promoter will not in any way be liable if a specific chosen retailer has ceased to trade or has become insolvent.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for the use of the Prizes or what is purchased with the prize, (including but not limited to any participating stores, the quality of any items purchased, the standard of service received, or any disappointment caused as a result of this).
- In the event of the Prizes being unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative Prize without notice.
How to enter
- Only one entry per household is allowed during the promotional period.
- To enter the Prize Draw, participants must leave their outdoor food waste bin for collection on collection day and have stickered their black waste bin with the promotional sticker.
- Entry to the draw is free. No purchase of any kind is necessary.
- It is recommended that all entrants read these Terms and Conditions before entering.
Selection of winners
- One winner each week will win £250 in high street shopping vouchers.
- The winners of the competition will be notified in person when their outdoor food waste bin is collected. If nobody is available a note will be posted through their letter box with details of how to contact us. They have 10 days to get in touch. This deadline will be written on the note.
- Provided the terms and conditions of the prize draw have been met, the winner will have high street shopping vouchers worth £250 given to them. There is no cash alternative.
- The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Legal review is excluded.
- If the prize is declined or unclaimed by a selected winner by midnight on the day of the deadline, or a selected winner cannot be contacted with the details supplied within ten days of attempting to contact the winner, the prize will be forfeited. In such circumstances, the promoter reserves the right to select another winner at random from eligible entrants who will be notified by the Promoter in the same manner as described in Section 15.
- Your personal details will be held by the promoter.
- As part of this competition, the Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk may publish details of winners on our website, social media channels and in promotional press releases. This will include reasonable publicity (for example name and area you live in, not the specific address) in the legitimate interests of the Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk, provided that such publicity does not infringe data protection rights.
- Individuals have the right to object to such publicity if it is likely to impact on their rights of freedoms by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Following the prize being awarded, the surname and town or village of the winner will be made available if requested. To request the name of the four winners, please email email@example.com
- The winners have the right to object to this information being published. In such circumstances, we are still required to provide details of the winning entry to Advertising Standards Agency if challenged.
- The Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or accepting the prize.
- The Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue temporarily or permanently, this competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud).
- The Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the competition that are not expressly included in the Prize.
- The Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any circumstances amounting to force majeure.