About the proposed housing development at Knights Hill
About the application
There was a public inquiry on the Knights Hill proposal.
The proposal is for residential land to provide up to 600 dwellings. And to incorporate:
- affordable housing
- a local centre for uses A1, A2, A3 and/or A5 (600m2), with the total amount of A1 new sales not to exceed 279m2
- open space
- formal sport pitches
- a car park to serve Reffley Wood
It will also incorporate associated developments, such as:
- drainage features
- cycle and pedestrian paths
You can view the application and associated documents on our Public Access planning system. This includes all appeal documentation relating to the public inquiry.
About the Public Inquiry
The inquiry was held at:
- the Barn, Knights Hill Hotel on Tuesday 14, Wednesday 15 and Thursday 16 January 2020
- the Town Hall, Saturday Market Place, Kings Lynn, PE30 5DQ on Friday 17 January 2020
On 14 July 2020, the Secretary of State confirmed that outline planning permission had been granted. The accompanying report from the Inspector recommended approval, and the Secretary of State agreed with this.