Popular Tasks for StreetScene
The council is responsible for keeping the area clean and free of litter, and carries out general litter clearance and removal of fly-tipping from Public and Open Spaces. We do not clear fly-tipping from private land.
The Council target is to respond within 2.5 days to all fly-tipping and litter reports.
- Endeavour to keep the Borough clean and litter free.
- Remove accumulations of rubbish from Public & Open Space.
- Empty litter bins before they are full.
- Help with your locally organised clean-ups.
You can help by:
- Being tidy with your litter and chewing gum.
- Using the free refuse tips and Home Waste Recycling centres.
- Not leaving your dog's mess for others.
- Not "Fly Posting" - it's untidy and illegal.
- Not parking where you want us to clean.
- You can use the online form Report Fly Tipping to report problems to us or by telephoning us on Freephone 0500 253 2687 (may be an answerphone but messages are retrieved regularly) 24hr answerphone. Calls from mobile phones will be charged at their normal/standard rate.
The Council is responsible for the sweeping of the Streets. A regular programme of sweeping takes place throughout the Borough.
For further information please visit our Road Sweeping page.
If you feel your road is not swept satisfactorily, or you have any other comments or questions, please complete the Online Street Sweeping Report Form.
To report a dead animal on the roadside please complete the Online Dead Animal Report Form.
If a syringe is found, do not touch it, leave it where it is and use the contact details at the bottom of the page.
Footpaths and Cycle Routes
For general information on Rights of Way and Cycle Routes use the contact details at the bottom of the page.
Responsibility is split between the County, District and Parish Councils.
The County Council deal with all reports and will direct them to the appropriate body. Telephone: 0344 8008008. e- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Norfolk County Council website to report the problem online.
Road signage is the responsibility of the County Council. For information or to report a problem telephone 0344 800 8020.
Most street furniture, seats, benches and bins are the responsibility of the Borough Council of King's Lynn & West Norfolk.
As well as providing furniture directly, the Council operate a system allowing street furniture to be sponsored. For information or to report a problem use the contact details below.
Street Name Plates
The Borough Council of King's Lynn and West Norfolk is responsible for the replacement of street name plates. Complete the online eForm to Report a Missing Name Plate.
You can e-mail us at email@example.com
Call Freephone 0500 253 2687 (may be an answerphone but messages are retrieved regularly) 24hr answerphone. Calls from mobile phones will be charged at their normal/standard rate.
Alternatively you can call our Admin Staff on 01553 782076 (office hours 8.30am - 4.30pm). For out of office hours, call on 01553 616601
Last updated: 11 November 2015
Find My Nearest
How do you rate
this service / information?